Wednesday, March 24, 2010

no gandhi in my friend list

I have a uncontrollable habit of disliking people for reasons obvious to me and foolish to others,,, how many times they tell me,,, kishna he is such a nice person y u cant be friend with him... and I m like,,, I m not looking for a Jesus christ to save my soul,,, all I want is a frnd who can be with me and accepts me with all my annoying habits... if I need a saviour I will go sit outside a temple looking for one...

consider this,,, would u like to have a saintly guy as ur friend who is so good with every tom-dick-and-harry that he meets that he has hardly have any time for u,,, or u would like to hang out with a "honest evil" who is always there when u need him,,, how does it matter if he is a member of a satanic cult or sth,,,

my personal experiences tells me that those who are most famous (because of being good) and pure at heart person are almost always late to reply when u need help,,, infact these grey zone friends are the ones who respond first,,, my speculation is that these good ones have so many obligations that they cant help it,,, even if they want to (which I m sure they do)..

so here is the thing... I give u a word "good-friend"... now do not read it separately,,, its a single word,,, I dont want u to be mother teresa or jesus christ,,, just be good to me,,, or at least honest,,, no need to turn urself into a saint...

and a last thought,,, I m not looking forward to befriending every person on this planet,,, so if I miss out on some good ones,,, I honestly dont care,,, as long as the core group is maintained.., I m good,,,

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice one Kisna. Bilkul Dil ki baat likhi hai aur wo bhi Dimaag ke saath.
:)

April 20, 2010 at 4:30 PM  
Blogger Vikas Dhiman said...

Yaar I try to be a Gandhi with all my efforts, and I try to be helpful too.
Please feel free to let me know if I have been lacking efforts in any of these, claimed to be, mutually exclusive areas.

April 20, 2010 at 4:35 PM  
Blogger Ashtung said...

so true.. second your opinions

April 20, 2010 at 7:34 PM  
Blogger Ankur Sharma said...

Were u pointing to 'non-male' friends here ??

April 20, 2010 at 9:41 PM  
Blogger Kishanpuria said...

@ Underground: I did mentioned specifically abt efforts being put in by good ones,, its not wat they want to do,, its wat they r
@ ankur nthng specific to male, non-male, female, anti male, anti female or any such category,,, a holistic attempt

April 20, 2010 at 10:11 PM  
Blogger Vikas Dhiman said...

I have reasons to disagree with this blog.
>> my personal experiences tells me that those who are most famous (because of being good) and pure at heart person are almost always late to reply when u need help,,,

My personal experiences disagree with yours.

>> I have a uncontrollable habit of disliking people for reasons obvious to me and foolish to others,,,

Not being friends with someone is not disliking them. Throughout the blog you have mentioned that "good people" may not be as great friends as they are supposed to be.

All in all, I want to say that being "good" and being "good-friend" are two independent qualities and not necessarily mutually exclusive. I hope that you will agree, but this point is not being conveyed by this blog.

April 21, 2010 at 1:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hat pagle !.... rula diya na bhai ko .... :P

April 21, 2010 at 5:56 AM  
Blogger Ashwini said...

Good one yaar.. and so true and real…Amazing !!

April 21, 2010 at 7:22 AM  
Blogger Uma Abraham said...

Disliking people for reasons is normal. There is no one who likes every Tom Dick and Harry. "Saintly guys" as you named them, just pretend to like everyone... just to impose their saint-like character on everyone. On the other hand, "honest evils" are anyway blacklisted. They don't have an image to protect... So they end up to be genuine about their likes and dislikes.

Just be you natural self!

April 22, 2010 at 1:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

To think the other way around, Sumit.... may be these "saintly guys" are really so because they need "good friends"... perhaps they put on their masks of goodness just trying to win over friends... they may have numerous acquaintances but no one to talk their hearts out to!.... so one free advice... go and be a friend to one such "saintly guy"... he might be lonely and may need you to be a true friend in turn!

June 24, 2011 at 4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home