Saturday, February 13, 2010

rules of convenience

my first encounter was in class 9,,, tat time I used to sit in first row of class (guys dont take it otherwise,,, I was young and stupid,,, and beside my class had only two rows... it was very small,,, 12 kids in all)... so coming back to point... a new gal take admission (taking the total to wat 4,,, yeh guys ratio was decent),,, so now wat happens is tat,, I was told to make place for the gal (till than my cousin used to share a bench with me,,, now it was decided that new gals should sit there)...
well I protested,,, to whom?? to my English teacher,, who also happens to be principal and a open supporter of similar treatment for boys and gals,, in his lectures given at prayer time... my argument was simple... well boys and gals r same,,, she can sit with anyone she wants to,,, wats the big deal??? y u want gals to be stuffed in a close pack,, its supposed to be co-ed...
his statement was also simple,,, NO... u got to make place for her,,, she needs it,,, I asked Y?,,, he said cause she is gal,,,
next wat... well u know
I was forcefully moved to the last row (practically second row,, figuratively last row) (and afterwards I always stayed in last two rows of class,,, not to show my everlasting protest,,, well its kinda comfortable back there)...
well result was,,, my image among gals was hurt,, SERIOUSLY,,,
well next school, coaching and college could be best described as boys only for all practical purposes,,, barring some cultural fest days,,, they never gave me much chance to interact and eventually pick up a fight with gals...
scene changes,,, cut to Bombay,,,
I realized tat in certain places there is a rule called stag entry and couple entry,,,
if u happen to belong to a bunch of single guys,, and dont have any fairer sex to accompany u,, either u need to pay extra money,,, or u r simply not accepted,,, well its ok,,, they have some decorum to maintain,,, and must be having some sort of minimum sex ratio rule (like some hotshot companies do),,, I assumed so and was kinda ok with it...
scene changes,,, cut to Bangalore,,,
now there r places where if u go in a group of guys only,,, u need to pay entry fee,,, gals r obliged with free entry,,, (I can name one place,,, but I guess there must be others also,,, so I m not putting tat one name also)...I wasnt very happy with the thing,,, but WTH,,, its just about entry,,, after tat its ok...
scene changes,,, cut to Chennai,,, (I havent visited Chennai yet,,, this information is acquired during conversation with a very good friend of mine)
now there r places where gals r provided with FREE BOOZE,,, and at the same time guys need to shell out hard earned papers printed with coloured photo of father of our nation...
now the point I m talking abt is isnt there a mass hypocrisy going on,,, supported by... well all parties involved,,, means have u ever encountered a situation where any of ur female friend/colleague complaining about any such thing,,, well I coudnt,, if u,, pass me the contact,, I shall fell very much obliged and happy to meet someone like that...
dont think I m against hypocrisy,,, nop I m not,,, I do things I advice others not to do,,, hell I like it and I m proud of it,, why??? precisely because I have earned it...(stolen from one of my fav movie ;)
so wat is the whole point of all this,,, simple one liner,,,
gals plz dont say treat us equally,,, cause u dont want tat,,,
and guys hell u cant do anything,,, u r already mesmerized by her smile,,, u r one hopeless case,,,:P... and as usual I m no exception,,,
so I would rest my case,,, with a line: "everybody follows rules of convenience,,,we all are selfish... only difference is between whether u can accept it or not "

5 Comments:

Blogger Vikas Dhiman said...

"now there r places where if u go in a group of guys only,,, u need to pay entry fee,,, gals r obliged with free entry,,"

I call this demand and supply ... :)

February 13, 2010 at 5:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

...i went to a pub .. and he let me in... he said my being there won't disturb the sex ratio a bit..m still doing the math ... ;| ... i guess m still young, stupid and underpaid !!

February 14, 2010 at 12:24 PM  
Blogger Uma Abraham said...

Chennai happened after Bangalore? grrrr...

When girls get the freedom to walk on the streets after 10pm in India... and get back home without injury, Ill fight for the guys! to enter any pub... free of cost!

Really good observation, Kishanpuria!

February 15, 2010 at 11:40 AM  
Blogger Nishant said...

nice one kishanpuria..i had observed this also and had thought of writing a blog on the same in the future.. but i guess i will have to skip it now...
I do agree with most of your points but i disagree also with some of them... Gals cant expect us to treat them equally when they have benefits mentioned in ur blog plus other benefits like reserved seats in buses, quota in colleges (i think its 30% if i am not wrong)... In pubs and discs there are two main purposes of keeping an entry fee for single guys and free entry for girls...one is if you have girls in your pub guys would automatically come and will be more than willing to pay for it as well...second is to keep the rowdy ones away... I dont see any harm in both the cases as first case is good marketing strategy...the only thing i feel wrong is that along with single boys single girls should also have an entry fee as well...

February 16, 2010 at 1:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

什么他妈的上述研究员的意思...男孩是他令人信服的(原文如此!)...

February 16, 2010 at 4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home